Old September 2nd 04, 11:37 AM
dxAce

4nradio wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for the comments. I had forgotten Serui is only a 500-watter;
actually, less output than 500w is probable because of the tropical climate
there. Most transmitters in tropical regions run less than rated power due
to the stress of the high humidity and heat.

The signal was so good on Serui I would have guessed that it was 5kw. It
helps to have a Beverage antenna looking down the barrel at Indonesia,
though!

I have a QSL from Serui for a reception on 4607.3 back in January 1990. I sent
them a prepared card which they stamped and returned.

dxAce
Michigan