Old September 2nd 04, 03:44 PM
lsmyer

Default My latest Radio Shack experience

I've been keeping my eye on the YB400 which is being closed out at Radio
Shack. Last week, my local store still had one, and the price was $129.97.
Yesterday, I went in to check on the price, and they didn't have any left on
the shelf. In fact, there was other stuff in its place, and you couldn't
ever tell that the YB400 ever had been there. When I went to ask the
manager, she said that she didn't remember that radio because she had only
been there two months. Good excuse. So I tried to get her to look it up for
me on the computer. Of course, she asked if I knew its catalog number, and
of course, I didn't remember it. She messed around a bit, but she never
found it. I went home, found the catalog number (20-234) and called her
back. This time, she checked and said that they were out, but they could get
me one. I asked what the price was down to. She said $129.97. (Still too
high for what I was hoping to spend). Then she told me that I would have to
come in and pay in advance if I wanted her to order one of these from
another store. I said I'd let her know.