Old September 2nd 04, 04:46 PM
dxAce

George Ashley wrote:

USUALLY SOFT-SPOKEN CARTER SAYS MILLER HAS MISLED HIS OWN STATE: "Former
President Jimmy Carter says the appointment of Georgia's Zell Miller to the
Senate was a mistake because his fellow ex-governor 'betrayed all the basic
principles that I thought he and I and others shared,' the former president
first said. 'I would rather not even comment about Zell Miller on the radio,'
then proceeded to call the appointment 'one of the worst mistakes'
then-Democratic Gov. Roy Barnes made in his four years in office." [Atlanta
Journal Constitution, 12/11/03]

Jimmy needs to stick to building houses. His Presidency was rather lackluster.

dxAce