Old September 3rd 04, 08:06 PM
lsmyer

I have the Tecsun PL-550 (the Chinese version of the E10). It is my favorite
radio at this point.

The only negative I have with mine is that the buttons are very flat and
hard to use in the dark. That seems to be the style in China for some
reason, or maybe just a Tecsun trademark. But Eton has made the US version
with nice rounded buttons in recessed rows, and they look much easier to
use. Plus, my radio is labeled in Chinese, but the operation is so
straight-forward that I quit noticing that long ago.

Of course, I paid about $50 (+$20 shipping) for the Tecsun through Liypn's
eBay store V-COM COLLECTIONS.

Here is the address of the Yahoo group devoted to the PL-550. You'll see
that people there really like their 550.