Old September 4th 04, 02:59 AM
Michael

Excuse me, but you completely missed the point of the original post. If a
store *advertises* a product, they damn well better have it in stock and
ready for sale. As you obviously are young, you may not remember the days
when here was no such thing as the internet. Folks read a catalog, found the
nearest Radio Shack and usually came home with what they wanted. Yes, it's
2004, but not everyone's buying habits are the same. In fact, since we have
the internet, things like "Hamfests" and "Surplus Stores" have all but
vanished. More people out of work too.

Also, calling someone a 'crybaby' or 'whiner' because they miss the fine
service once provided by RS is way off the mark.

The former, yes, now older, Customers of Radio Shack are not shopping there
for specialty items like scanners, SW radios, etc. The main problem is the
lack of customer satisfaction at RS....they can't even help someone buying
speaker wire!

So, yeah...I'm a 'whiner'. I miss going to RS and getting good advice and
good products.
Michael - the crybaby

"patgkz" wrote in message
Time to get real and stop whining.

In case you haven't noticed: SWL'ing, ham radio is dying...the demand

just
ain't there anymore! Why would any retailer stock a shortwave radio in

this
day-and-age?

Step into a Radshack store...what do you see? Stuff that makes them

money:
cellphones, cell accessories, home theatre.....NOT SHORTWAVE RADIO....
DUGH.

If you want a freakin' radio so bad....get on the Internet and search one
out.

I'm sick of this "boo-hoo Radio Shack doesn't stock my favorite items like
they did 30-years ago" crap.

This is 2004, not 1974!

Do you see shortwave radio's in the Sears and JC Penney catalogues like

you
did in 1974? Of course not! Why would the shack be any different? Why
would the Shack want to continue to cater to a bunch of cry-babies that

want
an outdated product like a shortwave radio!

Get real.

"lsmyer" wrote in message
I've been keeping my eye on the YB400 which is being closed out at Radio
Shack. Last week, my local store still had one, and the price was

$129.97.
Yesterday, I went in to check on the price, and they didn't have any

left
on
the shelf. In fact, there was other stuff in its place, and you couldn't
ever tell that the YB400 ever had been there. When I went to ask the
manager, she said that she didn't remember that radio because she had

only
been there two months. Good excuse. So I tried to get her to look it up

for
me on the computer. Of course, she asked if I knew its catalog number,

and
of course, I didn't remember it. She messed around a bit, but she never
found it. I went home, found the catalog number (20-234) and called her
back. This time, she checked and said that they were out, but they could

get
me one. I asked what the price was down to. She said $129.97. (Still too
high for what I was hoping to spend). Then she told me that I would have

come in and pay in advance if I wanted her to order one of these from
another store. I said I'd let her know.