Old September 4th 04, 02:41 PM
GlennS

(Stereophile22) wrote in rec.radio.shortwave...

CB radio is still an active communications medium,
quite widely used. Especially in emergencies.

true. Where I'm at, cb radio is still very active.

I've found that out in the week that I've had my handheld. I
haven't used a CB in over 15 years, and figured that with the
proliferation of cell phones, there would be far less traffic on them
now. Wrong answer. Even the handheld picks up 2 or 3 conversations
at a time on channel 19. Anyway, the handheld was enough to give me
the bug again, and I'm putting my Antron 99 back on the roof today,
and dusting off all my old radios. The two I've checked of the seven
in the attic still work.

Glenn S.
Virginia Beach, VA
Rat Shack DX-399