Old September 4th 04, 10:28 PM
David

An analog single-conversion radio with a sliderule dial is probably
the ''most sensitive'' in that price range, but that doesn't mean
you'd be happy with it.

http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx_choosing.html

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:08:12 GMT, "David"
wrote:

What is the most overall sensitive portable (under $200) for receiving
SW/MW/FM signals? From reading reviews the Degen 1102 and 1103 seem up
there, along with the Sony 7600GR. I use to own the Radio Shack DX-440 (aka
Sangean 803a)
and it was darn good for picking up SW and MW , with a long wire attached.
The best portable I had with just the whip was the Grundig YB 305.
Interesting to hear other opnions.