Old September 5th 04, 12:33 AM
Michael Bryant

From: "David"

What is the most overall sensitive portable (under $200) for receiving
SW/MW/FM signals? From reading reviews the Degen 1102 and 1103 seem up
there, along with the Sony 7600GR. I use to own the Radio Shack DX-440 (aka
Sangean 803a)
and it was darn good for picking up SW and MW , with a long wire attached.
The best portable I had with just the whip was the Grundig YB 305.
Interesting to hear other opnions.

Both of my Degens (1102 & 1103) seem far more sensitive than the 7600G does
even when it's hooked to an AN-LP1. Both the Degens are about equally
sensitive, though the better filter, selectivity and the knob make the 1103
preferable.

Kudos to the Chinese.

Michael Bryant
Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL