Old September 5th 04, 02:04 AM
dxAce

DesignGuy wrote:

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
From: "DesignGuy"

I received an unknown Chinese station on 7270 Khz at 1055 GMT 29 August
2004. I believe it to be Nei Menggu PBS, but can't make out the ID. It

had
the trademark 5 low + 1 high pips on the hour. Audio was pretty
distorted/overmodulated. Broadcast was in Mandarin.

Both HFCC and ILG show Nei Menggu ending their broadcast at 0800 GMT. They
broadcast not in Mandarin, but Mongolian. ILG listings suggest you might

have
heard RTM-Sarawak (Indonesia) broadcasting in the Iban language.

How sure are you that the language was Mandarin?

Positive. Caught the "guangbo dientai". Also hrd another weaker Mandarin
station underneath the one of interest (with a trailing "guangbo dientai"
there as well) and presume it to be Sarawak. The 5 low + 1 high pips on the
one I can't ID would make it China, just don't know which site.

Sarawak I believe is broadcasting at that time in Bidayuh, not Mandarin.

dxAce