Old September 5th 04, 03:53 AM
Stereophile22

Wow. I haven't read this group in about 4 years (was a regular
back then), and it's rather interesting how things have changed

It's my understanding that shortwave radio itself has also changed inbetween
the time I stopped listening to it (due to equipment failure years ago) and the
time I once again had the capability to listen to it (more recently).

I don't suppose any other old timers
are around??

It depends on what you mean by "old timers". If you mean on this newsgroup,
then I'm not an old-timer, as I've only been on this newsgroup recently.

If you mean shortwave listening, then I'm an "old timer" as I started listening
to shortwave radio in either the late 60's or early 70's. I think it was more
towards the early 70's as I think that's when I first regularly had access to a
shortwave radio.

around early 1971, if I recall correctly.