Old September 5th 04, 05:53 PM
m II

dxAce wrote:

m II wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

Published on Friday, June 18, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
Scrooge & Marley, Inc. -- The True Conservative Agenda
by Thom Hartmann

Snip

What a bunch of communist claptrap. Things are much better in Vietnam
since the communists took over, just ask Kerry.

When did you first start hating Jefferson? Seems to me that *real*
Americans would admire him. Will you be burning Franklin's books next week?

A tv reporter read the US Constitution to random people in the streets a
few years back. Most of them thought it was subversive crap. Your
education system seems to be in a shambles. Not knowing your own history
is unforgiveable.

You not knowing that your head is up your ass is unforgivable too.

dxAce

Please have a someone read and explain this to you. In between regularly
recurring bouts of the DTs, visit the page this comes from. You
subversives HATE the Constitution and want to see it overthrown.

Philadelphia, 1787, Constitutional Convention. The Framers wanted
America to last forever. "We, the People . . . establish Justice, insure
domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the
general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and
our Posterity . . ."

So they wove two vital protections into our Constitution, two bedrock
principles of long-term national self-preservation: Separation of
powers. Separation of church and state.

Why those two principles? Because of what history teaches. When wealth
and power concentrate into the hands of a ruling few, when corporations
take control, or when religion takes control, the government goes
berserk and inflicts harm on its own nation and citizens. And often on
other countries and their people. Causing the nation's justice, national
ability of citizens to cooperate, security, general welfare, and liberty
to suffer.

They knew about the ravages of the Crusades, Inquisition, Anglo-European
monarchies, 18th-century Corporate England. They knew why those ravages
happened: concentrated wealth and power went dangerously crazy. They
didn't want that fate to befall America.

They wove those two principles into our Constitution in an attempt to
prevent wealth and power from ever hurting citizens like this: The
reverse-Robin-Hooding of America. To prevent Presidents and Congresses
and federal courts from serving God in a gruesome way and expensive way
like this: A peek into the soul of the Christian Right, $150 billion a
year, $3 trillion so far, all toward achieving the Christian-Right
'Rapture' of ending the world. To prevent America from terrifying the
world with space weapons like this: 007's Spectre grows real, right
under our noses.

http://www.seattleairgear.com/civics.htm#civics44

mike