Old September 5th 04, 11:28 PM
lsmyer

I strongly agree with Mr. Bryant on this. DXing is a very individual
activity. Some people meticulously spend hours on a particular frequency. I
had a friend who was that way. He was incredibly thorough but he never ended
up with many stations.

That doesn't work for me. My attention span is too short to start with. If I
can ID a station in two minutes, then that leaves me a lot more time
available in that window to pull in even more stations.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with using another person's database to make an
ID easier. It's no different than using a digital display on a radio to find
out where you are on the dial. Some purists would rather dx by ear only, and
that's fine too.

Most importantly, though, DXing should be fun.