Old September 26th 04, 02:23 PM
Dog - nothing but dogs !!

Ref:
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/sci...eut/index.html

"W1XYZ"
I am surprised so many hams do not distinguish between
antennas and devices like photodiodes. snip

Me too. I'm not sure if they've 'lost it', or if they're just playing
troll.

Here is a link to a prior art antenna device...
www.ambitcorp.com
has a list of some prior art patents in that area.
You can also look up W1XYZ in
www.qrz.com and see some more stuff that is related.

(It would be slightly more fair if you had included an advance disclaimer
that the link was to YOUR company. Not a serious issue, but it took me a
minute to realize that you're referencing your own work (or that of your
company). Interesting links just the same...)

By their very nature (especially American) patents are intentionally not
forthcoming about what has actually been accomplished and what might be
claim-stretching brochure-ware. Can you please confirm exactly when (year)
you achived an actual physical embodiment of a functioning carbon nanotube
antenna with dimensions corresponding to visible light? I'm sorry if I seen
to be poo-poo'ing, but I didn't see that precise question answered on the
provided links. I did see mention of larger structures. A more-precise
link would be helpful in this regard.

If you can do that, then I'll award you the 'mythical $50k' and admit
defeat.

Also, the group that was mentioned on the CNN news was from Boston, MA and
you appear to be from that same area. Any relationship between these two
(?) groups. Have you ever had contact with them on this topic?

Phil is right as we did our first demo about a
decade ago. How time flies.

I'm just trying to establish if your links to 'prior art' are strictly valid
(in the 'been there, done that, got the T-shirt' sense) or if they are the
sort of thing (in the sense of 'close, but no cigar' sense) that happens
with ANY new development. There's always a dozen or more groups working on
the same thing at any one time, but usually only one crosses a significant
boundary first and issues press releases to CNN.

I appreciate your posting and I look forward to seeing your next.

http://www.usenet.com