Old September 8th 04, 12:24 AM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"4nradio" wrote in message
news:R3r%c.1020$D%.814@attbi_s51...
Hi Michael,

My 2003 Passport shows the 5005 frequency at 40 & 100 kW, but the
latest
Domestic Broadcasting Survey (which I trust more) indicates 5 kw, and
ex-100 kW. Hmm... interesting that they dropped their transmitter power
dramatically; probably a cost-savings move.

I see the listing in 2003 Passport for 40 & 100kW. I remember an
article
that I read on a DX'ing web site... I wish I could remember what it was I
saw... It said that Radio Nepal was cutting down their power, possibly
going
back to how they did in when they first started up... With a small 250
watt
transmitter that would only cover Nepal itself. It is possible I
misunderstood the article I read. Perhaps they cut back on power, but
not
all the way down to 250 watts.

I have tried many times to pull it in. I can see that there is a carrier
there at times as I use ECSS and I can hear the het as I tune up and down
from the zero beat.... I can also hear some very faint (I think)
modulation,
but I can never hear it enough to ID it. So, I dont even know in fact if
the het I'm getting is from Nepal. I want to find out how much juice
they
are actually using.

I have them QSL'd here several times on 5005 variable, audible usually in
December thru February or so as I recall.

I'll be sure to give it a try again in four months.

Michael