Old September 9th 04, 11:18 AM
Jari Savolainen

Don't waste your money on the license, it is just a formality. It's like
driving without one. No big deal.

Jari Savolainen

"Michael" wrote in message
t...
Hiya.....

For about a year, I have been considering buying a new tabletop sw rig. I
currently use the R-75, and I was thinking of getting a DSP radio. After
reading some receiver comparison reviews of radios like the NRD-545 and
getting other advice from people on this ng, I became more and more
interested in the IC-746Pro. It seems to be an amazing DSP DX'ing rig. I
also know about the reported problems with the transmitter, but I'm not so
worried about that. It can be fixed.

Up until now, I have not been interested in transmitting as an amateur.
Just sw listening. I figure, if I am going to get an IC-746Pro, I might
as well look into getting a ham license. It might be fun....

I read a few links about the multiple choice tests for the tech license
and I also saw a list of pool. My question is... How much of an ordeal is
it to get set up to take the test itself ???

Michael