Old September 12th 04, 06:51 AM
Telamon

In article ,
ojunk (Jon Lippert) wrote:

I'm always curious about people's antennas, though they often go
unmentioned here. So, what's in your back yard (or on your roof,
or in your attic....)?

I have really enjoyed this dicussion. I don't have a high end radio.
The best I have is a Rat Shack 390. Currently I am using a 40' 14ga
long wire connected to the radio with just regular "hook up wire." I
tend to have problems with overload from big signal stations with
this radio. I would love to get a better quality radio, but that is
not in the cards right now. I have about 1000' feet of 14ga wire
here available and could run 100" plus runs and almost any direction.
What could I do to cut back on the strong signal overload with my
current radio? I have RG-8, and RG-174 coax available. Would a
balun help?
Thanks for the post and any replies!

Use a antenna tuner that acts like a band pass filter called a
pre-selector like this one:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...amps/2964.html

--
Telamon