Old September 27th 04, 10:37 PM
Chuck

Wes Stewart wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:22:16 -0700, "Chuck"
wrote:

|Roy Lewallen wrote in message
| Thanks for the responses. The suggestions were constructive, and they
| confirmed my observation that some people will do just about anything,
| including newsgroup posting, to avoid looking in the manual.
|
| Roy Lewallen, W7EL
|
|Hi Roy,
|
|Not meaning to insult, but judging from the
|past, let me suggest that constructive
|criticism seems to end up in your waste
|basket. Here, it's obvious you'd rather
|demean confused users, rather than admit
|to a flaw in your program's conception.
|
|One would assume you would have learned
|something in regards to "intuitive" or "user
|friendly" from the many negative comments
|you've received in regards to the horribly
|clunky interface of your DOS version.
|
|Apparently, you either haven't the ability to
|conceptualize an intuitive interface or you're
|just too arrogant to listen to your customer's
|suggestions... which is it?

You must be talking about another Roy.

I have on several occasions contacted Roy and pointed out minor bugs
and every time I have been thanked for reporting the problem. Usually
a patch was forthcoming to me via email within a day if not sooner. A
public patch could be found on his web site shortly after.

I have to contrast this to a popular logging program that I use where
I have had similar difficulties and posted my comments on their
reflector. Once, the program developer had the nerve to call me on my
unlisted number and ask me to refrain from making such comments
because I was costing them sales. During that conversation I used Roy
as an example of how a software company *should* support its
customers.

They also have the MO of "saving up" bug fixes and selling me an
annual "improved" program, something that I haven't had to do with
EZNEC.

Hi Wes,

There is no doubt, Roy is an excellent
engineer, but as an interface programmer,
IMO, the opposite is true. Apparently, my
experience has not been the same as
yours, but in any case, there is no excuse
for inconsistency... or demeaning those
who request help on NGs as a result.

Chuck, WA7RAI