Old August 21st 03, 01:51 PM
Richard Harrison

Dr. Slick wrote:
"And if the permittivity (impedance) of the material surrounding an
antenna will affect its input impedance, I think it is something to
consider."

The permittivity surrounding our antennas rarely changes and is the same
for nearly all antennas.

My dictionary says of permittivity: "See Dielectric Constant".

Velocity can be affected by dielectric constant as is seen in
solid-dielectric coax. Fortunately, the dielectric constant of the
environment our antennas operate in is nearly constant.

Were matching antennas to 377 ohms significant, it would manifest itself
in the century of experience of using many antennas of many differing
types.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI