Old September 28th 04, 05:06 AM
G.Beat

"Peter Taucher" wrote in message
Hi,

I am running an 817 and I'd like to go out portabel with this rig.

I am planning to buy an Outbacker on a tripod, using a handmade metal
mount with the possibility to attach a counterpoise.

Will the Outbacker work in this setup? Or does it need a lot of metal like
cars habe?

I would use a counterpoise of course.

Any hints or suggestions?

vy 73
Peter

Peter -

I have been running the Outbacker "outreach" for almost 10 years for a 3rd
floor patio .. have worked 100 countries (largely 20, 15, 10 with a bit on
17 and 40) ... I don't stay up late enough for 75 meters outside of the
locals. I DO use the Alpha Delta OUTPOST- Tripod/ground coupler ground
mount system (serves as a counterpoise) for use with the OUTREACH.
http://www.alphadeltacom.com/pg5.htm

Works for me.

Greg, w9gb