Old September 14th 04, 04:07 PM
Frank Dresser

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
May I ask some more nosy but extremely intesting questions?

Is there a particular signal that you tune to regularly and use as a
reception 'benchmark'? If so, what is it?

The time signal stations WWV and CHU. I know they broadcast all day, with
the same power and antenna patterns. If I don't hear them when I expect, I
know conditions are probably bad, or maybe just weird.

Of all the signals that you listen to regularly and that are strong
enough to be clearly understood at least half the time, which is the
weakest and/or most difficult to receive?

I rarely try to pick signals out of the noise anymore. The programs I like
come in very reliably. At the times I listen, however, James Lloyd's signal
is probably the weakest and least reliable. Still, it's almost always at
least readable. He was coming in pretty well last night, heh-heh-heh.

Finally, if you've answered the above two questions, what part of the
world do you live in?

Steve

Chicago area.

Frank Dresser