Old September 16th 04, 05:36 AM
Telamon

In article gF72d.7354$xH1.3910@trnddc03,
"Honus" wrote:

I'm trying to ID a station that I heard on 6010 @ 0350 UTC. They ID'd as
Radio Sweden, and I found their website he

http://www.sr.se/rs/english/index.htm

Clicking on "Shortwave schedule" eventually leads me to what I want to know,
which is that R. Sweden indeed broadcasts on 6010, but in small red letters
underneath the frequency it says "RCI relay". I figured out that must mean
Radio Canada International, but a peek at their current schedule (pdf) at

http://www.rcinet.ca/horaires/A04_SW_24h_Fall.pdf

doesn't show any transmissions at 6010, and nothing is mentioned of Radio
Sweden. Is my interpretation of RCI correct? I'm making a mistake
somewhere; what is it?

From EIBI http://www.eibi.de.vu/

kHz Time(UTC) Days ITU Station Lang. Target Remarks
6010 0100-0130 S Radio Sweden SWE NAm /CAN
6010 0130-0200 S Radio Sweden E NAm /CAN
6010 0200-0230 S Radio Sweden SWE NAm /CAN
6010 0230-0300 S Radio Sweden E NAm /CAN

I think the "/CAN" means it is broadcast from Canada.

CAN: Sackville 45N53-64W19

--
Telamon
Ventura, California