Old September 16th 04, 07:47 PM
Steve

Hmmm...I'm was curious about XEPPM after reading this, but there's
always something on 6190 or 6180 drowning it out. I guess it won't be
a benchmark for me!

Steve

Tony Meloche wrote in message ...
Steve wrote:

May I ask some more nosy but extremely intesting questions?

Is there a particular signal that you tune to regularly and use as a
reception 'benchmark'? If so, what is it?

I usually don't think in terms of a touchstone banchmark, but
Deutchse Welle, at any of the several frequencies you can receive it,
would work as well as any for me. If it's a night of at least decent
reception, DW is like an AM station across town. If DW is faint and
distorted, I figure I might as well bag DX for that evening. I'm
referring to their broadcasts from Wertachtal, not Sackville in Canada.

Of all the signals that you listen to regularly and that are strong
enough to be clearly understood at least half the time, which is the
weakest and/or most difficult to receive?

Regularly? Probably XEPPM from Mexico City - 10,000 watts at 6185.
Never strong at all, but always steady.

Finally, if you've answered the above two questions, what part of the
world do you live in?

Southwest Michigan, USA.

Tony