Old September 17th 04, 01:32 AM
Jack Painter

"Eric F. Richards" wrote
I.C.E. = Industrial Communication Engineers.

http://personal.isla.net/ice/
1-800-ICE-COMM

More up-to-date-contact info:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/
(972) 203-2008

You want the I.C.E. 180A if your interests are only HF, or the I.C.E.
182A if your interests include MW. Same price.

Concur that ICE equipment, incl that particular device works very well.
Don't forget to mention to folks that it is a *receive-only* device. Poster
in this thread was not clear what his intentions were, and some of your
comments sounded transmit-oriented (counterpoise, tuner, etc). The random
wire won't care much what's connected to it downstream besides a receiver,
if SWL is the focus. But the ICE matchbox does affect bands receivable by
shifting the impedance matching points. Finding the best fit on one band is
at the expense of some others, at least that has been my experience.

Jack Painter
Virginia Beach VA