Old September 17th 04, 03:23 AM
Juan Gonzalez

Default Strange signal on 7238khz

There have been other posts about this and it's even been mentioned by Art
Bell. Right now I'm listening to it with a Sony 7600GR at 7238 khz USB. The
strange thing is I can only hear it when I'm in the same room where I have
the computer. I compared with other frequencies and there is nothing else
making the same sound. If I leave the room with the radio then it fades
away. I'm not an expert in radio waves so I wonder if anyone has some
explanation. Can the computer or monitor attract some signals? The radio is
about 6 feet away and there is no interference on any other signals I've
listened to. This just seems very strange. I get the same results using a
Kaito 1102. It also shows up on 7237 all the way to 7240 but is strongest
on 7238 and 7239.