Old September 17th 04, 02:49 PM
BDK

In article ,
says...
He doesn't take Paypal. Only checks and money orders. He has to have a
Paypal account to take cash transactions. You know, I once paid a guy cash
with Paypal who didn't tell me about a dent on top of the radio.

When I looked over what my options were, Paypal told me if I pay with cash,
they can do nothing at all but send him a e-mail asking him to comply. They
actually told me you would be better off using a CC for your future
purchases.

I have no idea why some Ebayers feel people will send large sums of money to
strangers and hope for the best. I know Paypal is not loved, but if you pay
with a CC, it's hard to get taken.

Lucky

"Kameron Spesial" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:53:26 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

That's the one I was looking at too. Only thing is I can't pay by CC and
have to send out the money first then get the reciever. I really like some
kind of protection a credit card can afford just in case. It it arrives
broken, something wrong, I'm out the money.

I know most radio guys are very cool and responsible, but you know stuff
happens.

How do you people feel about sending out money first with no recourse
really?

Lucky
"Kameron Spesial" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:06:11 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

Can someone tell me what a good price for a R8A with VHF option in very
good
condition sells for these days just in case I succumb to my addiction?

Lucky

Yes - go here -
http://tinyurl.com/3w4lo

Ebay link

Use payPal.

Get a Debit card from your bank, they almost always have a MC or Visa
logo too and you can "charge it" to the debit card, and still have the
protection of the charge card.

BDK