Old September 18th 04, 10:34 AM
DK

Hi,
I agree entirely with KA2SH2's and N6HBJ's negative points of view about the
G S 800:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1...b910868de77b61
The reception and the audio quality are NOT that good, the Satellit 650's
and 600's are far better. IMHO this radio is overrated and too expensive.
I'm very disappointed with it maybe because I can compare it with my other
rigs at any time. Have a look at eBay Germany, there are a lot of 600 and
650 every week at reasonable prices, you won't regret it if you buy one.

I wish a nice w.e. to everybody !

--

D. KREMP
49:03:31N / 1:26:14W - Normandy / France

Rx:
Icom
-IC-R70 + POCOM PFC-100 + KIWA audio mods
-IC-R71E + ESKAB-Edvis PLAM unit / 4 kHz X9MD + FL44A + KIWA audio mods +
WILLCO ICM 1024 B
Grundig
-Satellit 800
-Satellit 600 Professional (3x)
-Satellit 650 International
-Satellit 700 (2x)
-Concert Boy
Ant:
-DATONG AD 370
-DRESSLER ARA 30
-LW 25 m + mod. FRT 7700

{FireArm} wrote:
Evening All... im thinking of buying a Satellit 800 receiver, i
understand its got all of the features of a table top, but is just
compact enough to be used as a portable, i was wondering what anyone
thought of this peice of kit

whats comes in the box? do you get a power socket? is it good value
for cash?

Thanx
{FireArm}