Old September 18th 04, 05:18 PM
Gary

"DK" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I agree entirely with KA2SH2's and N6HBJ's negative points of view about the
G S 800:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1...b910868de77b61
The reception and the audio quality are NOT that good, the Satellit 650's
and 600's are far better. IMHO this radio is overrated and too expensive.
I'm very disappointed with it maybe because I can compare it with my other
rigs at any time. Have a look at eBay Germany, there are a lot of 600 and
650 every week at reasonable prices, you won't regret it if you buy one.

I wish a nice w.e. to everybody !

Actually, the reception of the 800 is better than the 600/650 on
shortwave because of the outstanding sync detector. Also, the narrow
bandwidth on the 800 is better for ssb. Of course sound on the 600/650
is better since it uses a 30-watt amp with 2 speakers. The slow/fast
AGC is SUPERIOR to the 600/650's either on or off AGC/Manual Gain. The
600/650 is better on MW and superior on FM. Also consider that the
600/650 NEW costs about twice as much as the 800. For a NEW set,
can't beat the 800 for the price.

Got to be careful about used 600/650s. The preselector might not work
properly, and is something that can easily break down, reducing
sensitivity greatly.