Old September 21st 04, 02:32 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Richard schrieb:

I had a play with the FT 817 radio the other day. I was quite impressed by
its reception.I wonder if anyobdy else has played with it, or compared it to
other receivers, such as a Sony 7600G

That wouldn't be a fair comparison. The Yaesu would undoubtably be far
superior to the poor Sony, particularly with regard to SSB performance
and strong signal handling. A portable might be more sensitive off the
whip, but the Yaesu was built with "real antennas" and 50 ohm feed in
mind, and of course with a much bigger power budget (which allows mixers
with better strong signal handling, but also higher power consumption to
be used).

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W