Old September 22nd 04, 10:49 PM
Al Patrick

Mike,

I'm sure I don't agree with either of you on everything and don't expect
you to agree with me on all things. However, after reading your message
below I thought I'd pass on something to the group about ol' Steve.

Some time back (? 2 years) I had need of a foot / leg to go on the base
of a Drake R8. I mentioned it on r.r.s. and Steve emailed me that he'd
send me one. He didn't expect anything for it. It was just lying
around his shack and he knew I needed one so he volunteered to send it
to me.

I told you privately, Steve, but now (somewhat late) I'm telling you
publicly. THANKS for the R8 foot! :-)

Al

Michael Bryant wrote:
Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Steve Lare. It's amazing how actual
human contact is so different from computer-mediated communication. I really
believe that if Steve and I were living on the same street, we'd be pretty good
friends. I enjoy Steve's knowledge of radios. I wish there was someone, here,
that I could hang out with that shared my love of radios the way Steve seems
to. . . .