Old October 2nd 04, 12:08 AM
Joe

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
For anyone interested in what an 18 nano-H inductor looks like under a
magnifying glass -

3 turns of 0.33 mm diameter wire, wound on a 2.2 mm diameter former, over

length of 2.0 mm.

Its self-resonant frequency is 4.6 GHz and it is tuned to 1 GHz with a
capacitor of 1.3 pF. Q = 330 at 1 GHz.
----
Reg

Thanks Reg,

I could not run the program solnoid3 on my computer for some reason. I am
using winblows xp.

I did improve the performance of my receiver tho. I checked the graph on
page 10.10 of the handbook and rigged up a straight piece of 20 ga wire for
my inductor. I don't know what the inductance actually is, but it improved
the performance greatly, which is all I was trying to do.

Best Regards,

Joe
KB1KVI