Old September 24th 04, 02:00 PM
Volker Tonn

Steve schrieb:
I've never encountered a used Kneisner and Doering KWZ30 up for sale?
Is this because I'm looking in the wrong places or because the
original owners never want to part with them?

I'd love to hear reports from people who've used this receiver.

Steve

There are some K&D KWZ 30 floating around here in germany.
AFAIK this RX is no longer made. So it's quite rare and a collectors item.
A mate of mine had one and many others of high end RX's. But for
broadcast listening he allways went back to his NRD-535 with all options
and additional mechanical Collins filters .
Even the Harris 590'M' (maritime version) could not beat "his" 535 -in
his opinion-.
BTW: He is using a 2x 40mtr V-shape dipol 20 mtrs above ground.