Old October 3rd 04, 01:32 AM
Joe

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...

I did improve the performance of my receiver tho. I checked the graph on
page 10.10 of the handbook and rigged up a straight piece of 20 ga wire

for
my inductor. I don't know what the inductance actually is, but it

improved
the performance greatly, which is all I was trying to do.

One reason the receiver improved may be because the filter was cutting out
all the wide band noise (other signals).

Hi Ralph,

Yes, that could be it. I have not looked at it on my scope. I will probly do
that tonite. Thanks for the idea. I know that before, the receiver was noisy
as hell. I don't know if they are all like that, but I'll find out. What I
was seeing was just a lot of what looked like random noise, till the TX was
activated, then all the noise seemed to go away and just the code (about
680hz square waves) from the TX was visible. I am using the holtek ht12d on
the receiver and holtek 12E on the transmitter.

Joe
KB1KVI