Old September 26th 04, 05:34 AM
Steve

Default Scanning, squelch and life's frustrations

While doing some memory scanning of military frequencies tonight, I
was reminded how much I'd like to be able to optimize the squelch
setting for each channel individually. As it is, I have to set the
squelch to match the noisiest frequency on my scan list--even though
that means I might be missing signals on the quieter frequencies.

Very frustrating!

I'm told that the AOR 7030+ can change the squelch setting
automatically as it moves from one scanned frequency to the next. What
a great feature! It's a shame this receiver isn't sold in the US
anymore.

A side note....several months ago I was actually thinking about buying
a 7030+ and happened to see it still listed on Lentini's website. I
called Lentini to find out if they could really get one for me. The
guy I talked to said it would be no problem. It would be shipped to me
directly from AOR USA's main facility in California. I didn't know
what to make of this, as I'd heard that AOR USA no longer carried the
7030+. So, I called AOR USA and was told that I could not purchase the
receiver through them. I then emailed Lentini and told them about
this; yet, to this day, the 7030+ is still listed on their website
(http://www.lentinicomm.com).

Oh well....

Steve