Old October 3rd 04, 06:35 PM

Richard Harrison wrote:
Jim Pennino wrote:
"There has never been a contradictory observation that the speed of
light is other than a constant, ever."

A.A. Michelson and E.W.Morley in 1881 measured the speed of light in the
direction of the Earth and the speed of light at right angles to the
Earth`s motion. No difference was found.

Light does have different speeds in different media. This causes light
to bend when passing from one medium to another. The "speed of light" is
through space or a vacuum. The more a substance bends light, the higher
its refractive index.

I said Einstein may be wrong. I should have added that I don`t think so.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

You might want to read the following:

http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/phys...edofLight.html

and maybe: