Old September 29th 04, 03:38 AM
John Plimmer

I am quite amazed at the very low power - sometimes they come in so well
over 10,000 miles away that I thought they were up in the 1000 watt range

South 33 d 47 m 540 s, East 20 d 07 m 541 s.
RX Drake R8B, SW8
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop

"Mark" wrote in message

"John Plimmer" wrote in message
Snippety-doo-da...

I know the ground transmitters are 10 Kw, but I never found out what

power
output a big jet like the 747-400 puts out? Anyone know?

A 747 might be equipped, for example, with Collins HF-220 transceiver,

with
a Collins PWR-200 amp. This puts out 100 Watts PEP with an average of 25
watts RF output (for SSB) according the unit spec.

Mark.