Old September 29th 04, 08:29 PM
dxAce

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
bpnjensen wrote:

Hi Bruce

If you've got an RFI problem, ferrite beads or cores are a big help.

If your antenna is away from the house, and your radio is well shielded,
I'd put one on the power cable to the radio, and three on the coax -
one near the radio end, one near the antenna end, and one outside near
the house.

If your radio isn't well shielded, or your antenna is in or near the
house you might want to buy them in bulk and put one on every power cord
near the plug, and a second on the other end of anything that causes RFI.

Good luck.

Marlin P Jones is a good bulk supplier, especially if you want around 1000
of something:

http://www.mpja.com/category/Chokes_..._&_Filters.asp

Here's another good supplier, I've purchased all my beads from this outfit over
the years:

http://www.amidoncorp.com/

dxAce

On the cutting edge.