Old October 5th 04, 05:25 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:10:19 -0500, "John Smith"
wrote:

I don't understand. Please enumerate the issues. What do you mean B1/A1 is
off the mark?

Hi John,

You should get 1.0 @ 180° (the definition of a short).

If they are off the mark, how can the Z be close enough?

Because what you DID measure, was used as a correction factor per:
|Rho| = B2·A1/A2·B1 = 0.695·1/1.08·0.79 = 0.815
(or you skipped that step)

Are you saying that I have calculated the Z correctly from the data and you
think port tracking is not at fault?

Well, that is really your job to confirm or deny. There is very
little I can accomplish short of that.

What further consideration?

I suppose I could visit my Engineering Library. I will be on campus
for my Nanotechnology seminar today anyway.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC