Old October 2nd 04, 06:15 PM
lsmyer

Default Dxing on the road

I started a new job this past week that has put me on the road from 6:30 to
8:00 am, and 5:00 to 6:30 pm.

Since I find the MW band infinitely more fascinating than I do FM, I spent a
lot of hours this week just tuning up and down the MW band. Sometimes I will
find a program to interest me for a while, and just when it gets
interesting, a carrier suddenly appears out of nowhere and within a couple
of seconds, a station I have never heard of signs on and starts its day of
broadcasting.

This past week alone, this occurred on several frequencies where I never
hear anything other than the usual: 890, 1110, and 1190, and 1520 to name a
few. Too bad that driving demands too much of my faculties for me to
properly log these stations. And too bad none of my home radios can hold a
candle to the one in my car.

Just wondering... If I get pulled over for this, will the cop charge me with
DWDx?