Old October 3rd 04, 02:18 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

RP wrote:
Does anyone know where there is a complete and accurate listing of all the
licensed shortwave stations in the US?
(Most don't appear to list ALL of the licensed SW stations, that's what I'm
looking for.)

http://ftp.fcc.gov/ib/sand/neg/hf_web/stations.html
http://ftp.fcc.gov/ib/sand/neg/hf_web/seasons.html

The first link lists the authorized stations and has links to technical
details. (types of transmitters & power, types of antenna, transmitter
location, etc.) It warns "This information may not be complete or up to
date,..." but it's unclear whether they mean there might be some
stations missing. I doubt it, I think what they mean by "this
information" is the details about the individual stations.

The second link (which bears no such disclaimer) lists the frequency
schedules of the various stations.

Note that stations owned by the federal government (VOA, Radio Marti,
etc.) don't require licenses, and thus aren't on these pages.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66