Old October 3rd 04, 07:11 PM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message
What was your first radio?

I seem to recall that mine was a rocket shaped crystal set that I had back
in
the 1960's.

Anyone else remember those things?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I wish I remember the exact model. I also wish I still had it. It was a
Zenith with one of those tops that flip up. It had, I think, two shortwave
bands, marine band and air band along with mw band and fm. My parents got
it for me as a Christmas gift when I was 12. That was 26 years ago. After
I had it for about five years it got left out in the rain and then thrown
away. At the time, there wasn't anything I though I could do to repair it.
All it probably needed was a cleaning and a new speaker.

Michael