Old October 4th 04, 12:46 AM
Tony Meloche

DesignGuy wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
What was your first radio?

I seem to recall that mine was a rocket shaped crystal set that I had back

in
the 1960's.

Anyone else remember those things?

My first radio of any kind was a two-transistor "Hinode" AM radio.
That was replaced some months later by a 6 transistor Panasonic model
T-601. I still have that radio, and it still works!

My first shortwave radio (or at least shortwave capable) was a 1937
Zenith console, replete with "Magic Eye", voice/music tone controls, all
those standard old goodies. It worked fine, except that the main power
output was two 6L6GC's and you could only use one, as it badly needed a
cap job, and with both power tubes in, it hummed like a B-17.

Tony