Old October 4th 04, 05:19 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article telamon_spamshield-4AB7D5.12241805092004
@news.sf.sbcglobal.net, lid
says...
In article ,
Steve Silverwood wrote:

In article ,
says...
What do you suggest are the best monthly magazines for shortwave listeners ?

Monitoring Times tops the list for me. I also enjoy reading Popular
Communications (aka "PopComm").

I did not think much of the September edition. It had an article on
Srilanka that was good and the usual SW schedules were of interest to me
but that was about it. The rest was satellites, scanner stuff and an
article written by some PH.D. on digital radio that was deathly dull.
I'm not sure I will buy it again for $6 bucks unless they start having
more articles about SW stations.

Sorry for the late reply. If you subscribe, the cost per issue goes way
down. And they are doing a lot of articles about various shortwave
stations, although I don't think they have enough material coming in to
do one a month. They try to vary the content enough to keep it
interesting and to address the interests of their fairly broad
subscriber base, so there will be times when they're chock full of stuff
that's interesting to you, and times when things are a little lean.
Same goes for just about every other publication to which I subscribe.
Sorry, that's just life....

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS