Old October 4th 04, 05:19 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article ,
says...
When I was getting back into radio listening a couple of years ago I tried
to find a good magazine. I got samples of all the club newsletters I
could, a couple of PopComms, the BBC mag On Air, very nice but BBC only,
and Monitoring Times.

Many of the international broadcasters put out newsletters that have
some great content -- naturally, they're specific to their station
and/or country, but they make for some entertaining reading, plus they
include programming info and schedules. Radio Netherlands, NHK (Japan)
and China Radio Int'l are the first that come to mind. I send reception
reports in to them and others whenever I can, and they keep me on their
mailing lists. CRI also includes some interesting booklets about
various subjects. I get a cool desk calendar every year from Radio
Kuwait, too!

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS