Old October 7th 04, 07:28 PM
Richard Clark

On 07 Oct 2004 18:17:06 GMT, ospam
(Theplanters95) wrote:
(yeah, I know that resonant antennas are more efficient...)

Hi Randy,

Actually, we get many "designs" that are fully resonant and wholly
inefficient. I won't offer the exhaustive list. Suffice it to say
your antenna will be big enough to reduce some inefficiency inherent
in Ohmic losses in the structure, but for the lower bands you will be
in the deadly embrace of nearby lossy ground. You may note this in
the resonance having a broader curve (lower Q) than theory would
provide for the same structure in free space.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC