Old October 7th 04, 09:17 PM
Dave

"high efficiency mobile hf antenna" that must win some kind of award for
the longest oxymoron in radio speak.

"Rick Frazier" wrote in message
Looking for suggestions for a high efficiency mobile antenna for HF.
I'd like to be able to cover 80-10m, and don't mind stopping to change
out sticks to change bands, so long as I don't have to retune each time.

I'll be mounting the base at bumper level off of the left side of my
pickup (offset from hitch mount), and can probably deal with 9 or 10
feet total height from the mount.

I have an Atas-120 currently mounted at the back edge of the roof, with
it's base at roof level, but am not impressed with it's performance and
am looking for something with higher efficiency. The convenience of
automatic tuning with my FT-857 is less of a convenience than I thought
it'd be, especially considering it doesn't seem to have good efficiency.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
--Rick AH7H