Old October 9th 04, 01:39 AM
Joe

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thanks all for the suggestions, I have a dremel, and this might be a

good
project for me to learn how to use smt stuff. I will need to get a small
lighted magnifier tho, cause my eyes ain't what they used to be, even

with
my reading glasses.

Joe

Joe,
If you are like me, you will want to use 805 or larger SM. 402 type drive

me
batty, and if you ever drop one on the floor, it is gone forever.

Tam/WB2TT

Hi Tam,

Actually, the ones that looked easiest to use were the 1210 case size. I
ordered some from mouser yesterday. I hope they're big enough for me to see.

I was wondering about a post I read somewhere else a long time ago. Is there
such a thing as a paste (that comes in a tube) that can be applied to the
terminals of a surface mount device and then when it is stuck to the board,
the paste hardens into something like hardened solder? So it is mounted to
the board and soldered with this paste?

Joe
KB1KVI