Old October 9th 04, 03:05 AM
CW

Try Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. When I was in basic training, there
was a guy that brought a can of Mother's with him. His stuff looked so much
better than the rest (everyone else was using Brasso) that they told him he
couldn't use it unless he supplied it to everyone. Yes, it's that good.

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..
PDRUNEN wrote:
Hi Group,

What is the best cleaner to shine up my 2 meter beam?

de KJ4UO

Assuming it's aluminum, I like Brasso. Or just 3M pads with a good rinse.

A 3M pad was worth about .4 dB on a range for me once at 432Mhz on a
17dB antenna. The antenna had been outside for about 2 years in MN.

tom
K0TAR