Old October 9th 04, 06:33 AM
Hal Rosser

"Ken" wrote in message
I have seen commercial wire antennas where the insulated wire is tied
to the center insulator with a clinch knot having three turns and then
the end of the wire (protruding from the knot) is stripped and
connected to the feedline.

Does forcing the RF current though a knot at the feedpoint have a
significant affect on propagation?

Ken KC2JDY

I would say yes - it would have an effect - but not so much on propogation
as efficiency - I think the knot would act as a loading coil.
I would think it best to strip the insulation so the whole knot is bare
copper.

---