Old October 7th 04, 01:44 PM
RHF

= = = (Doc Gorpon) wrote in message
= = = ...
I like old stuff and I want to get into hearing some talk
radio outside of my area.

I'm also on a budget.

Will this suit my needs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=2275267811

DG,

Here are a few Vintage Radios on eBay:

* NICE 41 PHILCO TABLE TOP RADIO

* Hallicrafters S-38 Shortwave HF Ham Radio Receiver

* Very Nice Vintage Westinghouse Wooden Radio

* Hallicrafter S-38A Radio

* Firestone Air Chief 4-A-20 table top radio 1947 Great!

* TELEFUNKEN GAVOTTE MULTIBAND TABLE RADIO

* GE ANTIQUE RADIO - G-53

* Philco Classic 40's-style Bakelite Radio~1949~EXCLT

* HALLICRAFTERS SX 110 RECEIVER Nice Cond.

* VINTAGE STROMBERG CARLSON RADIO 1947 PERFECT

* very old German Grundig Type: 4085 near mint of 1956

* GERMAN TELEFUNKEN OPUS STEREO RADIO BIG BEAUTY !!

* HALLICRAFTERS SX-100 SHORTWAVE RADIO

* Search "HALLICRAFTERS" in Vintage Electronics
SEARCH= http://tinyurl.com/4tr4s

* Search "HALLICRAFTERS" in Shortwave Radio
SEARCH= http://tinyurl.com/6ox2s

* Search "NATIONAL" in Shortwave Radio
SEARCH= http://tinyurl.com/5phwd

* Search "HAMMERLUND" in Shortwave Radio
SEARCH= http://tinyurl.com/5u3e8

READ: Selecting a Shortwave Radio - by DXing.Com
http://www.dxing.com/swrx.htm

READ: Favorite Tube-Type Shortwave Receivers - by DXing.Com
http://www.dxing.com/rx/tindex.htm

OBTW: If you are simply looking for a good 'old time' Transistor
AM Radio for AM/MW DXing; then consider the GE Superadio II
* General Electric {GE} Superadio II - Excellent AM-FM

AM/MW LOOP ANTENNAS:
Also, consider building a AM/MW Loop Antenna to assist in your
Day-Time AM Talk Radio Listening.

* Loop Antenna Information and Design eGroup on YAHOO!

* MTM Scientific, Inc... AM Radio Loop Antenna
http://www.mtmscientific.com/loop.html
Purchase the Starter Kit, Deluxe Kit or Finished Antenna!

Ultimate AM Radio Antenna

hth ~ RHF
..