Old October 9th 04, 02:13 PM
Ken

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:24:57 -0000, "Dave" wrote:

I have always thought that buying
wire antennas was the worst possible thing to do . . .

I am in general agreement. I asked because I am making my own QRP 40M
double zepp and was trying to decide how to attach the 26 ga stranded,
insulated copper clad steel wire to the center conductor. I like to
leave the insulation on because the knot does not weaken the wire as
much as putting a knot in bare wire (smaller radii). I was
considering stripping a section of the wire just beyond the knot and
soldering the feed lines there, but figured it just wasn't worth the
trouble.

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email